- Prevent insulin resistance that often leads to diabetes if left untreated
- Improve blood lipid profiles by increasing “good” cholesterol levels (HDL-cholesterol) and lowering triglycerides levels, among diabetics. This can reduce the risks of heart disease
- Normalize blood pressure. Chia seeds are rich in calcium, magnesium, and phosphorus; minerals that are needed to maintain a healthy heart.
- Reduce inflammation. Some research suggests chia seeds may lower inflammatory markers.
- Increase blood levels of omega-3 EPA in postmenopausal women. This could, in turn, improve cardiovascular health and counter inflammatory responses
Alleviate constipation and offer relief against inflammatory bowel syndrome